This is Jackie, and oddly my first post.
So what new things you ask?
1. Well, five of us painted the restaurant in the middle of the night. Midnight until 8am! Let me tell you that despite being so productive, I still felt like a dirtbag when the birds start singing at dawn. I did learn that a lot people jog at 6am in my neighbourhood. I also learned that I am old, and it takes me a long time to recover from an all-nighter. Thank you Penny, Kevin, Evan & Aiyana for being so tough and efficient.
The colours we choose with help from our colour-consultant-tattooing-neighbour, Jessica Pare (jessicaparetattoos.com) at Eastside Tattoos Parlour, are turquoise, brown & cream with black trim. We were trying to make the restaurant look more cosy. Please do not look too closely as we were tired, and on a time constraint. In fact, we had minimal lighting to see our mistakes. Which brings us to the second change at Bandidas.
2. The light fixtures. Another lesson I learned from this fateful night was that you should not paint and change the light fixtures at the same time. And, that when changing the light fixtures in the middle of the night, you should bring a headlamp and be prepared with alternative lighting. Luckily we had bike lights to see the wiring. The lights are up and look beautiful. They are old antique, diamond-shaped beauties. Pictures will follow. Thank you to Mark Ogilive for the late night electrical assistance. Mark came to install the lights after a play and was dressed in stunning attire while the rest of us were in sweat pants.
3. New hours. You can now enjoy these cosy renovations for longer periods of time. We are open until:
- 1am on Friday and Saturday
- Midnight - Sunday to Thursday
- Opening at 9am everyday
4. A few new drinks will be available starting soon, including a ginger margarita, and a dark & stormy. I know...dangerous and delicious with the new hours.
Pictures to Follow.
Thanks for reading,
Co-owner of Bandidas